A day at Dixie
Dixie students enjoy the rich environment provided by the wonderful teachers and families. We are fortunate to have a community that works together to give our students access to a well rounded education.
Resident Enrollment Form
You will be contact as soon as your information is processed
TITLE 9 POSTING
Please contact the Office of Communications and Media Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 213-241-6766 to request access to or notify LAUSD about on-line information or functionality that is currently inaccessible. To file a formal grievance with the Los Angeles Unified School District, under Section 504 and Title II, please click here to learn how.“
Week of March 20, 2017
Hello distinguished Dolphins. This is Mrs. Yniguez with messages for the week. We have a jam-packed week of activities for our students and families.
• On Tuesday at 2:45 in the library, join us for our Charter Governance meeting. All are welcome to decide budgets that affect our programs.
• A big thank you to all the parents who donated auction items last week, the auction is going to be amazing. Come to the basket wrapping party next Sunday and have a great time while helping out. Go to Dixiecanyon.com/auction for details.
• On Wednesday we will take our Spring Photos and the 5th grade panorama picture.
• Due to popular demand, Registration for the science fair will stay open another week! You have until Friday, March 24 to get your registration done! • On Friday the 4th grade classes will hold their annual Ballroom Blast in the auditorium.
• On Friday at 8:15 we will also hold our monthly Student of the Month Assembly. Come join us and celebrate your children’s accomplishments. • Lastly, on Friday at 5:30 pm we will hold our 3rd annual Math /Science Night for Dixie Families.
Come enjoy a fun filled night of robotics, math games and other activities. Thank you for your continued support of all of our programs. Have a fantastic week full of wonder and happiness
Charter Governance /SSC Meetings 2016 -2017
August 30, 2016 6:00pm Voting
September 27, 2016 2:45pm
October 25, 2016 2:45pm
November 29, 2016 2:45pm
January 31, 2017 2:45pm
February 28, 2017 1:45pm
March 21, 2017 2:45 pm
April 25, 2017 2:45pm
May 30, 2017 2:45pm
Persons wishing to include an agenda item for the Goverance/ SSC Council meeting are asked to sign a speaker's list in the office 3 days before the meeting and you will be given an alloted amount of time to present before the council. You can also go to the meeting and be given time to speak
Governance Council Members
Gloria H. Yniguez - Principal Members:
Shana Ballas - Chairperson Tina Fenton - Alternate
Sussy Cordano - Vice Chairperson Gena Ray - Alternate
Denise Matthews - Parliamentarian Shelley Gelber - Alternate
Scott Sonneborn - Secretary Eryn Brown - Alternate
Nicole Polido - ELAC Representative
Pauline Story Michele Stienberg
Karen Tuomy Michael Weiner
Kim Schwiesow Mari Armant
lAUSD Anti Discrimination Policy
The District prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation and bullying based on actual or perceived race, gender/sex (including gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and pregnancy-related medical conditions) sexual orientation, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age (40 and above), genetic information, political belief or affiliation (not union related), a person's association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance, or regulation in any program or activity it conducts or to which it provides significant assistance http://bit.ly/TitleIXRequiredNotices Contact: Sussy Cordano at email@example.com
Brown Act Summary
SUMMARY OF KEY BROWN ACT PROVISIONS
Public commissions, boards, councils and other legislative bodies of local government agencies exist to aid in the conduct of the people’s ...more
Charter Committees' Meetings
September 20, 2016 1:45pm
January 24, 2017 1:45pm
March 7, 2017 cancelled
April 18, 2017 2:45pm